looking to buy a e350 ext van

gunracer1

ok heres the deal, i am getting a new road rig. plan on a mini motor home/hippie van set up. i burn down the road between colorado and here and i don't want to stop. i don't want to spend more than 7k on it. i will finish out the inside like i want and i plan to but a big tank from a cut away van to hold a butt load of fuel. i need this to get the best miliage i can. i am converting it to a 4x4, yea i know it wont help miliage, but i need it in the winter. and they want to much for the quigly conversions. so what should i get a 6.0 or a 7.3 i have found more than a few in my price range. and what chips for miliage? i plane to open up the exhaust and free up the intake to help. and i figure a set of 235/85/16s at 80 or so psi will help. any ideas?????????????

I just bought a 97 E250 Ext van...one word..HUGE! this thing have around 60 square feet behind the back seats...I asked alot of people what the mileage would be and people were rest assured I wouldnt see anything over 17mpg..I went ahead and bought one any ways...I got the 7.3 and gutted the thing all i have in there is the front seats a mountain bike and a small tool box..Im still working on it...

I would get a 7.3..they are just so great for cruising and bulletproof...I hate the tranny it jumps around alot and third gear is loud...im not sure if that is the 1 to 1 ratio or what but its loud...I looked and looked and found mine for a steal with 150000 miles on it..i picked it up for 1,300 bucks...I patched two small rust holes in the cargo section

I am blacking everything out right now and let me tell ya i get some looks drivin this thing...I straight piped it and gutted that cat..its sick i just wish I could figure out a way to make an intake..

Also about 4x4 I plan on doing mine this fall..check out u-JOINT KITS

4x4 Van Conversion kits

Its a diy kit, and a pretty good price..

Back