Loop help needed

joefarmer

MR. Supreme Overlord
I can't figure out how to make the front driveshaft loop so the '98 will pass tech in Atlanta. The rules say:

"In place of a cross member, in the vicinity of the front universal joint, all vehicles running 11.99 or quicker must have a retainer loop with 360 degrees of enclosure, 1/4 inch minimum thickness and two inches wide, or 7/8 inch by 0.065 inch welded steel tubing, securely mounted and located within six inches of the front universal joint to support the drive shaft in the event of U-joint failure. 4WD vehicles must have a retainer loop matching above description installed for the front drive shaft. Long-bed trucks with a carrier bearing must have loops as described above on both rear drive shafts. Open drivelines passing any part of the driver’s body must be completely enclosed in 1/8 inch minimum thickness steel plate, securely mounted to the frame or frame structure."

Can anyone give me a clue where to mount this loop? It would appear that it needs to move with the front axle? Better yet, does anyone have a picture of a front loop?

brandon. :confused:

Thanks! I should have specified that I need them to pass drag tech, not pulling tech. I've built a set of loops for pulling, but it's the front loop mounting that's confusing me on the drag loops since it needs to be 6" back from the front drive shaft front yoke. Where is a good location to mount that one?

brnaodn.

Back