Lopes at start up

bigpanther2004

Having a complicated time with my 7.3 it's a late 99, when ya start it it will sit there and lope about 5 times and then come out of it, or if you give it some throttle it will come out of it, injectors are brand new, just put a new hpop on, any help would be great, it's beginning to drive me crazy

I've heard it's the gear selector switch that does that. See if anyone else chimes in on it

I was doing some reading and I saw that too, wonder what that has to do with making it lope? But I'll check it out, thanks

How long has it been since you did the injectors and HPOP? I would guess either the gear selector switch or you still have air trapped in the heads in the HP oil side.

Did the injectors about a month ago, and I had actually took them out and had them tested to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with them, and i put them in and it still loped, I put the pump on yesterday and still doing it.

Gear switch tells the computer if it's in Park/Neutral or Reverse/Drive/2nd/1st. Computer runs different tables and idle strategies to accommodate the differences in the load. Mine lopes a little in drive when it's cold. It hasn't been cold here since November though, so I haven't worried about it.

Another thing that makes them lope really bad is if there's a manual computer in an automatic. When I bought a truck non running it had that and it would basically shut off and turn back on and puff smoke out. It was so bad the dash would shut off and turn on

Yea we have saw that too, truck seems to be better now, maybe I was just jumping the gun and it still had air in the system, knocking on wood lol

Back