Low icp presure

stang789

Hi guys I have an issue with my 05 f250. With 74k on it , here is my issue it ran fine parked it can out next morning no start, come home latter on it started but ran rough , shut it down no start, next night it starts up ran like ****, but I had a scanner on it no code, driving down rode icp presure ranged from 3 to 4 thousand psi, idle around 600, I shut it off no start again, and well cranking it's only showing 12 psi of icp presure , I'm thinking my hpop is bad, any ideas? Thanks guys

HPO leak. You need a minimum of 500 psi to start. Most likely it is your STC fitting if it hasn't been replaced

Sounds like you have a hi pressure oil leak. Could be one of the stand pipes or the injector o-rings or the quick connect on top of the hpop!

I went to go pick up the truck today it stated rite up, let it run well I trailered it home, got home shut it down would not start up, gonna start checking for leaks

I took the truck down today, did an air test no leaks found, I pulled oil cooler, half of the screen for hpop is missing, talked to a local shop they said if that screen is like that more then likely my pump is bad, so I ordered new pump, ipr, screen, oil cooler, sct update kit, and an egr deleate kit, hopefully it fixes my issue

I dont know why but I need added ICP pressure during warm starts with whatever custom tune I am running. It must be my wierd injectors that I have.

Put air in the icp energize ipr to 20% should have no air leak,
I have seen alot Of people doing stc and not the ipr and a. Couple weeks later ipr gets a hole through the screen or just takes a crap. You also need to do a cylinder contribution/ buzz test

Last edited:
my buddie had the same problem but now wont do anything but crank he said filter on top of motor is dry of oil

I am pretty sure mine is my injectors not having enough pop off pressure or something. I got a revised tune with more ICP and it starts great now when warm.

Back