Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League Silver Series

WI Huck

Where does the time go?
The Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League is proud to announce the formation of The Lucas Oil Silver Series for Limited Pro Stock Tractors, Super Stock Diesel Trucks, and 3.0 Diesel Truck Competitors. The Silver Series was designed specifically for these classes and raises the bar of competition with higher purses and end-of-season points payouts as a step up from the Mid West Region.

There are 14 events that currently have Silver Series competition scheduled and more tentatively signed on to the series. The Silver Series kicks off on May 17th and 18that the Jim Price Park in Franklin, Kentucky as part of the TS Performance Outlaw Diesel Drag and Sled Pull. The Super Stock Diesel and 3.0 Diesel Trucks will be featured in both sessions of the pull along with Champions Tour and Mid West Region classes. The Limited Pro Stock Tractors will make their debut at the Mackville, Wisconsin event on June 14th and 15th in two sessions along with the 3.0 Diesel Trucks.

All interested pullers in these classes are encouraged to participate throughout the season but to receive points you must pre-committed no later than March 1st, 2013. To receive an end of the year points check you will have to make 60% of the hooks. After March 1st you will not be able to sign-up for a year end points check in these three classes but you will be able to compete at the events if you are not pre-committed.

Kristi Chastain, Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League Director commented “We are very excited about the new Silver Series and think it is taking the diesel motorsports in the right direction. If you have any questions please give us a call. We look forward to seeing everyone out on the track this summer.”

For more information on the Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League Silver Series schedule and membership registration processlog on to http://www.propulling.com or call the PPL offices at812-216-4024. You can also contact by email atinfo@propulling.com.

This could be really fun if you have the time and pocket book to travel that much. Any word on what the difference in payout will be? Seems if they are going to say that it has raised purses and points money it would be nice to know what it is.

Please post the payouts and points money being offered. With diesel fuel headed toward $5 gal, every little bit helps justifying traveling long distances.

Thanks,

RK

Please post the payouts and points money being offered. With diesel fuel headed toward $5 gal, every little bit helps justifying traveling long distances.

Thanks,

RK

1st $900
2nd $650
3rd $450
4th $350
5th $250
6th $200
7th $200
8th $175
9th $175
10th $150

I called them yesterday and I was told that the only thing you gain by becoming a Silver Series member is you are eligible for an added points payout at the end of the year if you make at least 60% of the pulls. All the other things that the Championship Tour members get, like fuel reimbursement for each pull, special parking area, etc. are not included. You do not get extra payout at each pull for joining the series. The minimum payout purse for the 3.0 class will be $3500.00. If you plan to make at least 60% (nine so far) of the pulls it is worth the extra $150 to join up.

Silver Series Event Schedule 3.0 Diesel Trucks

May 17, 18 – Franklin KY
May 25 – New Castle KY
June 8 – Indianapolis IN
June 14, 15 – Mackville WI
July 13 – Fairfield, IL
July 19, 20 – Platte City, MO
July 27 – Owensville, MO
Aug 9, 10 – Hillsboro, WI
Aug 23, 24 – Terre Haute, IN

Note: There may be additional dates added.

Last edited:
"The Silver Series was designed specifically for these classes and raises the bar of competition with higher purses and end-of-season points payouts as a step up from the Mid West Region."

So this sentence is incorrect then. Any idea what the added payout at the end of the year is? I would guess this would depend on what they get for sponsorship money and stuff but a rough idea would be nice to see if it's worth going the extra distance.

Not sure, $12,000 was mentioned as a guess, but I am assuming that it is split up among all three classes (Limited Pro Stock Tractors, Super Stock Diesel Trucks, and 3.0 Diesel Truck) which would not be a lot per participant. The purse is nice don’t get me wrong, but the incentive to join the series and run for points is not strong in my opinion.

Back