Machining a powerstroke

Rustin

Let the Beatings Begin!
I just recieved a powerstroke all torn appart. nothing was marked! I was told it was a 1999. Hmm... It was also a fire survivor. Great? So what do I do? I am taking some auto machining courses at the college. I was told I can do what ever I wanted if I wanted the whole power-plant. So I am going to check for any cracks, and areas of weakness. I am hoping that the fire did not totaly damage the block and heads. IF it all works out. I am lost from here. I was told that there is not much to do with the head? I.E. The usual port and pollish. Ok how about being able to create a better sworle pattern? Any Ideas besides listening to the instructor?
Thanks
Rustin

Interesting? over 20 posts, and nobody has any ideas? Or questions to help me with? did I state something wrong? or misspelled something? Or have I upset some people?

Not really a powerstroke forum. I would say a line bore and deck job is in order.

O ring the heads.

Not really a powerstroke forum. I would say a line bore and deck job is in order.

O ring the heads.

Thanks will do! is there any way I can develope a better sworl pattern in the intake side of the heads? Or am I just trying to reinvent the wheel?

Port the heads, O-ring it,deck it (probably not needed thou). replace the galley plugs and freeze plugs,,, Do a valve job...
How bad did it get burned?

Port the heads, O-ring it,deck it (probably not needed thou). replace the galley plugs and freeze plugs,,, Do a valve job...
How bad did it get burned?

Not sure. the oil was very muddy and burnt two of the cylinders were well covered with rust from water. no real forseeable damage. just some pitting from the rust. Still cleaning the block and heads, it's on it's third cleaning cycle. I have not seen any discoloration on the block that indecates extreme heat from the fire still going to test for cracks. If it is still a good block and the machineing goes well I might have it freezed, down in Sac.

Back