Machinist needed

not enoughsmoke

floatin in tha gulf
I am needing a t4 divided peice made with a radius built in similar to these. But I want one solid piece not two parts welded together.I know there is someone who builds the exhaust manifold with this piece you buy it in parts and tac weld it where you want and send it back to them and they finish it and send it back you the customer. I just dont remember who it is.
thanks
Chase
untitled_zps65206809.png

077_zps2f9fae05.jpg

070_zpsa611f451.jpg

003-2_zps327a0e72.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the flange sitting right on top of the log, or the idea of using weld tee's. The tee's wouldn't be too bad, but I had in mind to find/make something of this nature for cylinders # 2 & 5.

download_zps30fc66db.jpg

I was also planning on using 2 elbows in the center and welding the flange to the top of them. They would have to be machined off and a plate welded between them, making 2 D shaped openings.

#3 & 4 would be 2 90*'s blending into the 90*'s that the flange is welded to.

I'm not a big fan of the flange sitting right on top of the log, or the idea of using weld tee's. The tee's wouldn't be too bad, but I had in mind to find/make something of this nature for cylinders # 2 & 5.

download_zps30fc66db.jpg

I was also planning on using 2 elbows in the center and welding the flange to the top of them. They would have to be machined off and a plate welded between them, making 2 D shaped openings.

#3 & 4 would be 2 90*'s blending into the 90*'s that the flange is welded to.

My plans is to still divide the front 3 and the back 3 for spool up

All you need is a hand grinder, compass, a piece of tape and a sharpie. Oh, and a chunk of square tubing that matches your flange.

Sir, you need a steed speed manifold and I'm sure T$ would be glad to fix you up with one, or two.

Yea i have already talked withhim $1k for a manifold like that.I am trying to save some money and build it myself. Already have the keating flange.

If you can't find a machinist, it looks as though you can use a tubing notcher to cut it

Wow, that flange would be fairly easy to make in one piece honestly. Only question is, what material would you want it out of?

Even divided wouldn't be too bad. Any machinist worth his pay could do that flange on a Bridgeport knee mill.
CNC would knock it out in an hour or less. Depending in the level of programming experience, it could be done in 2 operations.

I can possible help you out. Send me a print with all the dimensions you can and I will give you a price. I don't know the size specs on a t4 flange or what radius and distance of the radius from the face of the flange you want. The more time I spend designing the more it's going to cost. I don't need nothing fancy. Chalking it out on the driveway and taking a picture would work lol.

Back