Magnaflow

By no means am I trying to sell anything, but every person that I have heard talk about the FTE resonator has only had GOOD THINGS to say about it! It kills drone, doesn't seem to affect EGT's & doesn't have the "packed muffler sound".

I see a lot of people trying to kill drone wth whatever muffler or straight pipe exhaust they have. If you start off with a resonator that kills drone already, you could always go back & add a muffler later if you feel necessary. But I don't know of anyone that has run the FTE that added a muffler. Actually, I think bbbxcursion tried about a million different configurations and ended up with just the FTE! I would actually be interested to see if anyone has done the FTE & NOT liked it. Anybody?

Just my .02. Good luck!

I run a 30" FTE resonator and ironically, a 5" Magnaflow muffler.
I bought a 5" MBRP muffler from a member here to swap in and compare the sound but my main goal was quiet and adding the resonator accomplished that.

I tried a bunch of combo's. Right now I have the 30" FTE and a Hushpower. IMO the Huchpower got louder over time so I'm not too happy with it. The FTE resonator is hands down the best thing I tried. The Aeroturbine doesn't even come close. My exhaust is 4". An Excursion's drone is HORRIBLE, much worse than any pickup I've been in.

UNBROKEN & bbbxcursion,

Whoops...My mistake! Thanks for the info...I stand corrected. I was under the impression that the FTE covered drone and noise, but I guess that's why it's called a resonator & not a muffler. :D

Back