Making a od lock out switch ?

1965LONEWOLF

lonewolf
2004.5 dodge diesel , trying to make sure i make the switch correctly ? 2004.5 have a tow/haul button on the shifter and on the road works great but when you sled pull it will sometimes shift into overdrive by itself and kills you right where you are on the track, So I want to make a switch up to make sure it doesn't go into od and stays LOCKED in 3 nd ? and even after i make sthe switch do you still put it in tow/haul mode or just leave in alone( OFF ) and use the new switch ? Any ideas or help would be great ! My normal guy who would does this is loaded with work and backed up with big jobs and i'm not going to bother him with a little job like this - THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOPU CAN GIVE :rockwoot:

Bd makes an od lockout box
Fairly certain that only works on the 05's. I have an 04.5 and its never shifted to od when locked out. Now I'm not sled pulling or running it beyond 3k rpm. Maybe some fail safe built into the ecm?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

fairly certain that only works on the 05's. I have an 04.5 and its never shifted to od when locked out. Now i'm not sled pulling or running it beyond 3k rpm. Maybe some fail safe built into the ecm?

Sent from my droid razr using tapatalk 2

i think you may be right - on the street , i tried it 10 times , would not shift into over drive , goes right to 3400 rpm and stayed there , tried backing off the pedal just a bit to see if it would shift , tried different things but it stayed in third.
But 25 % of the time while sled pulling it'll shift into overdrive , kill the turbo then downshift and go but you already loss all forward movement ?

Back