Max ofv size with stock(for now)lift pump.

SCHMITTY

Not enough time
Hey guys I have done the basic mods to my 95' 160 pump- ground 100 plate( full back)16.5 timing, racked barrels, afc washer flip/foot ground, 4k gsk, rack plug, wastegate stuck closed(wh1c), egts peak at 1300 with the pyro mounted in the hot side of the manifold, ofv mod, 3" straight exhaust, bhaf. The Rest is stock. I'm looking at tork tek's over flow valves and was wondering what ofv I should get. My fuel pressure was going as low as 11 psi before the spring mod now it drops down to 18psi shortly after a wot blast down the road. It stays in the low 20s when under hard acceleration. I want to run the biggest ofv I can without hurting anything. What would you guys recommend? Thanks

Nothing wrong with low 20's at WOT but if you want to raise it you would have to add a shim internally to it, if you have the parts fine, if not it's likely not worth the hassle if you are going to upgrade......I've never tried a T/T so I know nothing about them.

Jim

You can not run any of Tork Tek's HP non adjustable OFVs with a stock lift pump. They are intended to be used with a FASS, AirDog, etc that has it's own regulator. With the stock pump you need to run the adjustable OFV.

If you want to rebuild your stock You can get some shims and stretch the sping but f the seat or ball is worn or pitted it needs to be replaced.

a friend of mine is running the ofv060hp non adjustable on his daily driver with no problems. picked up a little power too over the 2 spring moded factory ofv. stock lift pump

Well I was reading the list at tork tek's site. I wanted either the Ofv050hp valve or the adjustable 32. I modded my stock ofv already. It helped the pressure a little. I was incorrect in my first post. The pressure still drops down to 15 psi under load and then will hover around the mid 20s- low 30s. I had the needle valve to tight and it was holding pressure to the sending unit. So your buddy is using the 60hp valve with the stock lift pump without problems?

I'm also picking up an unused set of 215 injectors on Sunday. I work with a former Chrysler mechanic and he had a new set in his garage. Score!! Don't think my wh1c will like it though

No problems yet. Its been in there for a few months,and he drives it about 60 miles a day to work.as cheap as they are its worth a try for yourself.

buy a cheap carter 4601hp electric pump to feed the stock block mounted pump and it will help tons.

I have a spare Holley blue pump i got at a swap meet. What about using that? It flows just a tad more than the carter.

I put 050hp on my truck a few days before the raptor and didnt drive it but it took considerably more throttle to start it so I'm assuming it dropped fuel pressure being that it is just an orifice so it lets a constant stream by.

They say you should only run the adjustable on stock pump, but I've been running the 060 on a raptor (no real regulator) with no issues. Pressure still drops but not much. And I picked up a lot of top end when I bumped my fuel pressure from 20 to 35 WOT

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

buy a cheap carter 4601hp electric pump to feed the stock block mounted pump and it will help tons.
^^This

They say you should only run the adjustable on stock pump, but I've been running the 060 on a raptor (no real regulator) with no issues. Pressure still drops but not much. And I picked up a lot of top end when I bumped my fuel pressure from 20 to 35 WOT

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I ran my AD150 with the 40 psi spring and an 060ofv and it had a nice flat power curve all through the rpm band. Pressure never really dropped that much either.

Cool. Well tork Tek made me deal. I called him a while back and told him I needed one of his valve spring compressor tools and he because I broke mine and he traded me the adjustable ofv and he through in one of his timing gear pullers. Excellent customer service. I'm going to max out the adjustable ofv and and while my stock one is out I'm going to stretch the springs some more.

Back