mini cooper D

I want this one.

24844_413731575849_777585849_5219982_7952617_n.jpg

Mostly because I drove it.

The engine in that mini is built by Ford/PSA(peugeot citroen). Guess how much I like those...

oh i know its under powered when its 110hp for the diesel and what like 170hp for the s version.

Is there a S version of it? It must be 2.2l engine in it since the 1.6l stocker would not pass any emission tests anywhere.

My experience of the engine type is from 2005 model Peugeot 407. At 230k km the roller followers were all toast. They had 0.5-3mm of play... One valve broken propably form the rollers vibrating. The engine had DPF and alot of flapper vales in the intake plumbing to enforce EGR and to bypass the IC at various points. The engine had unstable idle even at stock and no manufacturer software upgrade could cure it. When idling the revs jumped up and down, sometimes so bad that the car shaked.

Now the car has new engine since replacing the rollers would have cost almost the same as 30k miles used engine from UK. Now it has 90hp Fiesta engine in it with the original 110hp injectors and sensors. DPF was emptied and software adjusted so no idiot lights would light up in the dash. Still stock 110hp and smokes. More than my 10 year old 1.9 TDI with half the valves, less boost and 20hp more. And it has practically no torque at iddle. It just dies at stoplights more often than 1.6l gasser and that is bad.

I had heard late last year that they were going to import them this year...clearly that didn't happen. :(

They should put the BMW 335di motor in a Mini.

Back