Modified injection pumps

OneStar67

I'm currently running Rudy's SCT tuning after running an H&S at first on my 2011. And looking at a turbo from MPD. Anyone doing any modded injection pumps? I don't wanna do a dual fueler. I don't want the highest hp 6.7 in the country either. Just something that will support a bigger turbo as I understand that the factory pump is about at its limit with a delete and tuning. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Awesome. I was just over there for their Dyno Day and didn't even ask them if they had anything for it. I appreciate it.

I'm currently running Rudy's SCT tuning after running an H&S at first on my 2011. And looking at a turbo from MPD. Anyone doing any modded injection pumps? I don't wanna do a dual fueler. I don't want the highest hp 6.7 in the country either. Just something that will support a bigger turbo as I understand that the factory pump is about at its limit with a delete and tuning. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Hey man I have an H&S running custom MCC tuning on my 2013 6.7 and I am thinking about switching over to sct with custom tunes. How do you like the sct over the h&S? Some people are saying I am an idiot for selling the h&s to get the sct. The tuner I have been talking with is telling me that the sct has more parameters to tune these trucks with but do you really think that is true?

Let me know your honest opinion and if its worth it. and what kind of power and mpg you are getting different.

Thanks man

Be very careful with modded cp4's I haven't done any on the 6.7's but we tryed one on a d'max. Truck ran for 5 mins before the cp4 failed. Talked with II and they said they are having problems with modded cp4's. We try to stay away from them for now until they are proven.

Hey man I have an H&S running custom MCC tuning on my 2013 6.7 and I am thinking about switching over to sct with custom tunes. How do you like the sct over the h&S? Some people are saying I am an idiot for selling the h&s to get the sct. The tuner I have been talking with is telling me that the sct has more parameters to tune these trucks with but do you really think that is true?

Let me know your honest opinion and if its worth it. and what kind of power and mpg you are getting different.

Thanks man

In all honesty, I love the custom tuning with the SCT from Rudy's. It offers much smoother power delivery and seat of the pants much more power.

With the H&S tuning, I would notice that the tail pipe would clean up at full boost no problem. With the SCT tuning I still have smoke not just a haze. The added power was definitely noticeable by me and my passengers even. Again this was canned tuning and not MCC. Id actually like to try MCC tuning if I had the opportunity.

As far as mileage goes, I couldn't believe the claims of better mileage until i ran it on a trip. The girlfriend and I jumped in the truck and made a 110 mile trip for a concert. I ran 80mph the whole way and didn't slow down until we got to the town we were headed to. At 80 mph with my 8200# truck on 35x12.50's (this is what i weighed when I got on the scales to sled pull this last weekend) I got an average of 22.1 mpg on the display and hand calculated to 22.07 mpg. I then left there and drove another 120 miles without filling up. I used only 1/4 tank of fuel total and got 21.4 mpg hand calculated.

All in all i feel like it was a great purchase. I really liked the H&S tuning also. But I ran a 6.0 before this 6.7 and the custom tuning vs canned tuning was leaps and bounds ahead of the canned tunes. The same goes for this truck. If I had a 6.4 I'm pretty certain I'd be running H&S. But I do love this SCT for my 6.7.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Be very careful with modded cp4's I haven't done any on the 6.7's but we tryed one on a d'max. Truck ran for 5 mins before the cp4 failed. Talked with II and they said they are having problems with modded cp4's. We try to stay away from them for now until they are proven.

Thanks for the input. I'll wait until they're more proven.

In all honesty, I love the custom tuning with the SCT from Rudy's. It offers much smoother power delivery and seat of the pants much more power.

With the H&S tuning, I would notice that the tail pipe would clean up at full boost no problem. With the SCT tuning I still have smoke not just a haze. The added power was definitely noticeable by me and my passengers even. Again this was canned tuning and not MCC. Id actually like to try MCC tuning if I had the opportunity.

As far as mileage goes, I couldn't believe the claims of better mileage until i ran it on a trip. The girlfriend and I jumped in the truck and made a 110 mile trip for a concert. I ran 80mph the whole way and didn't slow down until we got to the town we were headed to. At 80 mph with my 8200# truck on 35x12.50's (this is what i weighed when I got on the scales to sled pull this last weekend) I got an average of 22.1 mpg on the display and hand calculated to 22.07 mpg. I then left there and drove another 120 miles without filling up. I used only 1/4 tank of fuel total and got 21.4 mpg hand calculated.

All in all i feel like it was a great purchase. I really liked the H&S tuning also. But I ran a 6.0 before this 6.7 and the custom tuning vs canned tuning was leaps and bounds ahead of the canned tunes. The same goes for this truck. If I had a 6.4 I'm pretty certain I'd be running H&S. But I do love this SCT for my 6.7.

I hope this helps.

That does help. I really appreciate it man. I am hoping mine being a 2013 it doesnt mean I will get any worse mpg then that. I would love to be in the 20s on this truck. Especially on 35s.

Back