Morgans Corner (NC) Truck and Tractor Pull Diesel Class/Event

joppajet

Hey guys, this is Kevin Sawyer with the Morgan's Corner Truck and Tractor Pull. First off I'd like to thank Rave from Twisted Diesel (www.twisteddieselperformance.com) for starting the other thread about our pull.

We are looking to start another class or two to seperate the more highly modified diesel trucks from the mostly stock ones at our scheduled events. We would like to get everyones input on this so we can establish a set of rules for the classes. With the growth in popularity of diesel pulling we see the need to break up the class to make it better for everyone. If we need to follow the rules from another pulling organization we will do that to keep guys from having to make changes to their trucks.

As Rave said we are looking at holding an all diesel pull some time this summer. Ya'll let me know the dates of other diesel events that you might attend so we can schedule our pull around them. Our website is www.mcttp.com we have our schedule, directions, and other things on there. Its a work in progress with more things to come. You can also sign up to be on our mailing list and if any of you have pictures or videos from our first pull that you'd like to share send them to me at mcttp1@yahoo.com and we'll get them up on the website. If you want to get in touch with me directly email me at mcttp1@yahoo.com or call me at (252) 331-3466. We're looking foward to a awesome pulling season with lots of DIESEL POWER!

Let me know if I can help you out at all. I can probably get some guys down here fired up and headed your way.

Thanks

We'll take all the help we can get. We'd really like to have a blowout of an event just for you guys. Any thoughts on breakdown of classes and when to have an all diesel pull?

Congrats on becomming the new owners of Newland, they always put on a great show and since the advertising you did for the last pull it looks like everything is comming together nicely.

Now that pulling is becomming more popular guys are starting to get more radical with their setups, and I'm glad you see the need to seperate the classes to keep people happy and the sport growing in our area.
I think three classes would be the best way to go:

I would have a street/stock class where guys would only be allowed basic bolt-ons. Things like exhaust systems, air filter kits, and programmers would be the extent of mods allowed. Suspension should be 100% functional, with no blocks or limiting straps. No sprayed power adders should be allowed, and no hanging weights, this could be your entry level class and the largest I would bet.
I have also heard that dual tired vehicles are not allowed to compete, I would do away with that rule provided they can make weight.

Next I would have a modified class which would carry things a bit further. You could allow guys aftermarket turbos, one only though. Possibly you could even restrict the size of the turbo to prevent some people from going crazy running monster sized singles. Aftermarket injectors would be allwed in this class too. I would think the suspension should still be functional, but maybe you could allow hanging weights, to get people in ths more serious class on a level field weight wise.
This class may need to have some safety rules put in such as exhaust exiting up or down, maybe even driveshaft loops.

Lastly I would have an extreme/outlaw class where there would be almost no rules governing performance mods, only safety. If someone is this serious to run this class they probably don't drive their trucks on the road. I would require things like exhaust exiting up or down, crossbolts in the exhaust, driveshaft loops with u-joints being covered, maybe even bellhousing blankets in the event of a clutch failure. Also a remote shut-off tethered to the sled would be a good thing to require.

Anyone feel free to chime in and make some additions/suggestions to what I have added. You could just use the rules setup by the DHRA:
www.dhraonline.com
Go to the sled pulling at the top and click on rules, you can download the whole rulebook for free. That might be the easiest thing to do that way people can just go to that website and know exactly what will be required of them before they show up.

Please let me know if I can be of any help, to implement these rules you'll need some good tech inspection guys I'd be happy to help out with that or anything else. Good luck with the track, but judging by the last turnout your doing just fine.

Thanks for your input. We'd really like to see things evolve to the level of 3 or more classes. If you make it to the pull on the 30th introduce yourself. I'll probably be on the track somewhere.

hey kevin glad to see you found the site,we've been spreading the word and have quit a few people interested,I have it posted on a couple different sites shoot me a call when you can I have a few more Ideas for the events,and for any one else that reads this post you really should come and check it out the last pull was packed like a few hundred people it definently was interesting.:st:

alright guys the date is set july 28th at 7oclock gates open at 5:30,its all diesel no gas,classes are stock,street,super street,and modified.http://www.mcttp.com/ is the tracks web site if you need directions or call 757-491-2008.hope to see yall there.:st:

Back