Most Miles Without Repair

We ran 3 05 2500 gmcs, 1 06 2500 gmc, and 1 03 5500 gmc and all 3 of the 05 2500's had 150k miles on them with the engines and trannies never being touched. The 06 had a hydrostatic booster fail at 70k miles but other than that the motor or tranny wasnt touched at 100k miles. The 5500 was another story. 3 trannies, radiator, cracked front leaf spring, electrical nightmare, and injectors every 6-8 months. At 155k miles, the 5500 started knocking and this was the end result. Dead motor. Those 2500's we had at work earned the d/max a lot of respect in this ford man's eyes. They were good trucks. The 5500 on the other had was down right terrible.

sizeimage.php

Doin a Engine on a '01 due to warped heads. They say its the first major thing to happen in 235K

Doin a Engine on a '01 due to warped heads. They say its the first major thing to happen in 235K

warped heads

01s had a head gaskets issue hit or miss tho.

use grade "C" on both sides. you will spend about ~200 for both tottal. they are side specific ie left and right.

also will need injector return line seals. 8 tall and 2 short ~ 40 bucks.

tube of peramtex black adhesive

head bolts ~130 bucks there is 34 main and 8 little... you "can reuse them" but highly not recommened. the 8 little ones can be resued.

if you want i can dig up TQ spec for the head bolts.

mine got to 91,000 lost the injectors.. then shortly lost my motor from a spun main bearing.

keep it stock, take care of it, etc...no reason it shouldnt go 500k miles.

in that amount of miles you will probably go through 3-4 sets of injectors (LB7) and maybe 1-2 water pumps. If its a 2001 you will probably do head gaskets at some point.

ben

My soon to be wife, her dad had a 05 with 541k on it when he got rid of it... The only thing that went wrong with it was trans was went through... He pulls campers with his truck 95% of the time... His 07 has 263k on it and hasn't had any problems...

warped heads

01s had a head gaskets issue hit or miss tho.

use grade "C" on both sides. you will spend about ~200 for both tottal. they are side specific ie left and right.

also will need injector return line seals. 8 tall and 2 short ~ 40 bucks.

tube of peramtex black adhesive

head bolts ~130 bucks there is 34 main and 8 little... you "can reuse them" but highly not recommened. the 8 little ones can be resued.

if you want i can dig up TQ spec for the head bolts.

mine got to 91,000 lost the injectors.. then shortly lost my motor from a spun main bearing.

Thanks for the tips and TQ Spec Offer, But i'm droppin in a Different Engine.. The heads were warped beyond what the machine shop would mill.. So in goes a low mile used LB7 outa a '04

Back