my 12v build. O-rings, studs, and twins....thanks Chris and Eric

cummins freak

I love my mini semi
OK guys here goes this is the start of my build of the 97 in my sig.

being added:

1. O-ringed head
2. 12mm ARP's
3. 0.020 HG
4. PDI manifold
5. BD Super B Single over an HTE3B Twins.
a. Twins all thanks to Chris Snyder and Eric (Superior ram) keeping me
working on them as I thought I was done!!! THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!!!!!!

OK I have the head, HG and studs ready for tomorrow.

PIx here for now! http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/xx104/cumminsfreak59/

What I need for now! a pix of a 12v head minus valve covers so I cna see where all the nuts and bolts go again :(

Also what studs go where from the ARP box.....I'm going to read the directions now

dude it's pretty obvious with a 12v and studs, you have 3 different length studs, one's really short that goes on the exh. side, then the med, length one go down the middle of the head, and the long ones go on the rocker tower, also do you have the newer kit from arp that requies you to machine the rocker towers, or is it a older kit that does not, you have modfiy the valve covers for them to fit?

He has the newer kit and his towers are milled already.

yes they are milled I after running the tap I figured the onger ones went on the exhaust side as the tap went way deeper there. oh well I haven't touched it yet today so I guess I'l find out

Got the studs in 40lbs, 95lbs and 125lbs. now for the exhaust manifod tomorrow and on from there

ok well i got the Exh manifod on the s300 mounted, and the 3b and hot pipe hooked up behind the s300. thats the good.

NOW THE BAD! I was told by DJK that everything i needed was included. Well Where is the innercooler pipe? there is no way you had this hooked up without one. I have a 4" V-band hook up on outlet of my 3b so I need to get a 4" V-band flang and clamp then a 45* boot to hook up the piping I bought. Im also going to be mocking up a bracket for my 3b and trying to hook up the two oil drains this week. well im making progress just a little ticked that I dont have that innercooler pipe. also the wrong size boot for the inlet on the 3b I need a 5.5" boot I was sent a 5" boot and since DJK wil not respond to my pm's about stuff not fitting nad missing THANKS ALOT DJK FOR 1/2 TRUTH'S.

anyone want to trade a 3b with a v-band for a reguar old 3b cause that would just hook up for me :)

help ya out a lil
P1010826.jpg

P1010827.jpg

P1010829.jpg

P1010830.jpg

P1010831.jpg

P1010825.jpg

P1010824.jpg

P1010823.jpg

thanks! I'll have more tomorrow as like i siad above got alot more done tonight. I also will be looking into a 45* boot and a 4" Vband flange I think that may clean and hook up everything. Although a regular old 3b would be easier but at this point in time whatever I'll make it work I guess.........expecially now that i dont have a FULL kit to trade away for a single.

Is the brass tee for the both turbo oil returns to go into the stock single oil return line?
Thanks.

I just hope it works as the 3b sits low. Im just gonna have to cut the oil drain off near the bock and re attach the hose lower

Back