My Build Thread

maxwedgehead

Alright guys I just wanted to make a build thread so I can keep track and maybe get some help along the way. Feel free to suggest anything to me I'm open to all opinions but if you can't keep it nice and to the point then don't even post!

First off heres the background. I've had a lot of trucks but I've never ended up with as close stock as I got with my 06 I have now. The 03 black truck below was mine and it was perfect in every way shape and form and it was a 6 speed, well I got sick of shifting so I got a wild hair to trade for the 06. When I got there I knew right off the bat it would need injectors in the future so I got him down to hardly any boot on trade so I ended up getting a truck 3 years newer and 40k less miles for almost nothing and he claimed it had a built trans but I was skeptical, HELL YA I was excited.

My old 03
03.jpg

New 06
06.jpg

So I searched and searched for injectors, came across these 60% over bosch motorsports from Mikmaze on here and bought them and installed.
injectors.jpg
engine.jpg

Truck already had 5 in stainless exhaust I'd like to trade for 4 but oh well. I really needed some new floor mats and had weather techs before but I came across these at O'reillys so I tried them out and I love them, I think they are way better than weather techs.
floor mats.jpg

The truck had an edge juice with attitude and that had to go and Anarchy diesel got ahold me and I met up with them at TS to get EFI Live and he messed with the fuel tables till I liked how it ran. Runs like a top now!
efi.jpg

I jump on it on hot street a couple times and it pulls like crazy. Sunday comes and I hook the camper up to head home from TS and I turned it to tow and I noticed right off the bat trans is slipping in overdrive locked up... DAMMIT. So I keep trucking and drive 7 hours home with a badly hurt trans and hauling a camper still doing 70!

Get the trans out and opened up and it is completely stock as stock gets!
band.jpg
clutches.jpg
I didnt take pics of everything but the trans got billet input, intermediate, high energy clutches, hardened planetarys, 5 disk billet converter, I ran out of money and opted out of a billet flex plate because I needed to buy an insight so I found one for sale on the forum and snagged me up a practically new CTS Insight and ordered a expandable egt probe kit from CPP.
edge cts.jpg

Trans has been great and done for about 2 months and finally found a flexplate new from DTT that they gave me for a price I couldn't refuse! It will be in the truck wednesday and now I can finally see what it does on race tune, I really want to hit the track and the rollers and see what it'll do before I do something about my air problem.
flex plate.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to do something different for the looks so I ordered a cummins fender emblem and fixed it up to the grill, looks factory, maybe most won't like it but I do and I'm not paying billet badges prices.
grill.jpg

Then I wanted to do something different with the wheels so I bought some plasti dip and started and it ended up not turning out how I wanted so I took it off and I'm going to do something different.
plasti dip.jpg

Back