My engine doesn't have the right power.

p7100

Swedish
Have twins, cam, 160 p-pump flows 450cc and have 4000rpm springs, 5x0,016, built trans and some more stuff.

Now it smokes pretty bad pre boost, so i wonder how much gain is there if i dial the afc in correct?
Now it comes to life in 2500rpm or so,which is a little late and it still hasn't that push in it.

Tuning the AFC will definitely make a difference.... What you got for air on it?

A HT3B under a custom S300 which i don't know the size of. But when i bought the kit 4years ago it was a "race set" capable of 700-800hp so it stood on the site.

Too much pre boost will kill spool up and wont bring your hp in until later, which will make less torque

which is what killed my power too

Last edited:
If you havent tried this you should heat up your afc spring with a torch and stretch it 1-2'' that should help out.

Too much pre boost will kill spool up and wont bring your hp in until later, which will make less torque

which is what killed my power too

Yea i know. I gonna have to start tuning the afc house. But it's hard when you don't know for sure how to tune it.

There are a bunch of threads on CF about tuning... just do alot of searching, and even more reading. :Cheer:

If you don't know how to tune it, then either your going to have to kind someone to do it for you & pay him for his (hopefully) knowledge or learn how to do it yourself by researching. It takes time & knowledge to get a truck tuned right. You just can't go in there & start tweeking if you don't know what the stuff do. Like previouly posted, CF has alot of info on AFC tuning in their beginners thread. Spend some time reading, & make sure you understand, before you start tuning.

liteweight

ps A well tuned truck is a great reward for the time spent learning

Well i'm not new to these engines, have used the search function very much throughout the years. but haven't played much with the afc house because it haven't been necessary until know when i have a good trans which isn't slipping. But i will make some search on the CF forum also.

What does the smoke look like when you hit full boost? What is full boost pressure? What delivery valves are in your pump?

Back