my first cummins swap.

dzlpwrd

i skimmed thru the forum looking for the propper place for my thread and i guess this is it. i am starting a little project here that a lot of people refer to as a fummins. i have a 87 f350 4x4 drw regular cab that we have owned for years it has the 6.9 idi with a 4 speed non turbo. the truck has served us very well. my parents have a firewood buisness and after i bought this truck they decided it was just what they needed to haul firewood. so for the last ten years my mom has delivered firewood with this truck. she averages about 150 cord per year mostly all delivered with this truck. they finally updated to a newer f450 psd and gave me back my old worn out f350. i decided that now is the time to referb it with a cummins and a 5 speed. so i found a decent donor truck with a first gen cummins non intercooled that had a standard before i got it. so my plan is to mate this cummins with a zf5 that i have and build a sleeper truck with around 400 hp. i may be a newbie to this site but i have been around diesels for years now but before this i have not had much experience with cummins. i have owned a couple big cummins engines, my dumpity truck has a L10 and i had an old IH with a 400. with that being said i am here to learn what i need for performance parts to make this truck fun to drive and reliable. when it is finished i will be hauling a gooseneck trailer and pushing snow in the winter along with hauling sleds and atvs. on the trailer i plan to haul my kubota tractors and some log length wood. this will be a daily driver but not my only transportation, i'll still be running my tacoma and my superduty. so please feel free to share what you think i will be needing to make some hp and what to lookout for as far as weak points. thanks

I didn't even read that. Try paragraphs. You can still edit your post.

So you don't get torn to little pieces if meat by people not as nice as myself. It was a helpful hint.

Back