my fuel gauge will drop to e and the light turns on...wont transfer fuel

ktmracer21

smart a$$
ok, so this is a cab/chassis truck with twin tanks. basically they fill seperate and truck draws from front tank while rear tanks contents are pushed into front tank. the problem with this is that the truck gets its pms and randomly throws a code, which shuts the fuel transfer pump down.

Not a fun experience when towing a backhoe and travelling a 4 lane highway and your truck dies. my question is, does anyone know why they do this? GM obviously doesnt know, as we have a huge stack of service paperwork for this problem, like honestly 20-30?!?!?!

anybody have any ideas? id love to fix this myself, but its goin back to the dealer tuesday and we arent payin a dime...lol (given i doubt theyll fix it):kick:

Haven't heard of this yet. Hope they figure something out this time. Guess last resort would be to wire it on a switch. but like I said ; it would be last resort for me.

sorry I'm not anymore help, Just havent had any experience with the transfer system.

Did some reading; do you always fill the front tank first with the engine off? Read it confuses the computer if the rear tank gets loaded wile it's running.
Either that or a bad tranfer pump or stopped up vent tube. Post I read the members had made many visits to the dealer like you.

yeah filling up while running, is bad. plugging in my trailer, is bad. using the turn signals while turning up the volume?!?!?! holy chit batman she's gonna blow! lol this is the worst vehicle we've had in our business fleet...go figure...

thanks for the thoughts though...if this pile keeps this up is getting turned into a 2.6 puller!

Back