Narrow Cold Pipe

angelic0-

I'm not really sure why i'm asking this...

But i'm upgrading my cold pipe tomorrow, going to be fabricating new one from real material... this one is something i built so i could test my setup out, has got me fine so far... i've seen c.a. 70psi boost at the most and EGTs were well within check, my exhaust backpressure ratio is about 3:1 and i'm @ 30psi around 1800rpm in 4th gear and then it skyrockets...

Should i be expecting an improvement with the new cold pipe, this is what it looks like right now:

attachment.php

As ghettofabulous as that is, I doubt you will see any improvement with a larger pipe. We did over 1500hp on a 3" cold pipe, and 3" charge pipes.

What would noticeably change ??

Quicker spool up ?? Increase in boost ??

I can't wait to have this ugly thing tossed out :lol:

Less boost from the primary most likely. And it will look much better dude. That's rough on the eyes lol

Hehe, i know.. it's horrid..... not sure if i like the idea of less boost though... lol

4th gear rolling burnouts are too awesome :)

My honest guess, is all you will get from changing that cold pipe, is a better looking pipe.

If you do get an improvement it will be in the form of better throttle response at lower boost. Improving airflow isn't a bad thing.

did you say 3:1 drive pressure to boost ratio??? That thing is pretty horrid...

No.... 3:1 Boost to Drive Pressure... Wastegate on the HX40 opens up on 32psi and i've machined out the hole so it flows better...

No.... 3:1 Boost to Drive Pressure... Wastegate on the HX40 opens up on 32psi and i've machined out the hole so it flows better...

That would mean you hvae 70psi boost at manifold and your only measuring like 24psi drivepressure at manifold???

If i'm probing for backpressure, i'm not supposed to measure boost in the exhaust manfold ?

I've got a boost probe in the intake plenum, and then i have my backpressure probe in the exhaust manifold...

Where should i probe for backpressure ?

You have it Wright for reading drive pressure my twins have 40psi boost and 42lb drivepressure.

Dale

Back