need build help/ideas/advice

swamp_ratt

Snootchie Bootchies
Building my first cummins. Picking up a 12v p-pump that burnt a piston. It still has cross hatch so im just going to hone it and slap in some marine 24v pistons. Im putting a 24v head on it complete. My intent is to run it stock for a little while (was thinking setting pop off on stock injectors to 290?) But then drop in some ddp 150hp injectors and shooting for 600 at the wheels. I have a stock 24v and stock 12v cam. Which one should i run, or should i get an aftermarket cam? What pump? Or mod the stock pump? Im going to do scheids lines. What push rods and springs? I would like to turn it up a little bit while its stock, but until later this year funds are tight. Maybe a fuel plate and some springs? Any advice greatly appreciated. I plan on this being a daily driver/heavy tow so compounds would probably be best. Sorry, i dont know the cummins too well yet.

Hmmmmm. Well.... put it together first. The mods you need to attain 600 can be installed after you get the truck running. Get it running, and then start to tinker here and there. What era pump is it? Is it (the pimp) a Dodge application?

That i couldnt tell ya. Would have to ask him when i get back in town

That is the first thing you need to know. The model of the P7100.

Sounds like a fun project.

I will warn you though, asking for a road map to 600 on this forum could cause some issues with ego deflation. Get that thing running and keep reading here.
You'll have it figured out before you know it.

Lets see....

The last thread I read, was about John Robinson splitting his block (probably in the 1500 HP range).

I'm glad you've set a reasonable first goal of 600 HP.

What are your plans for the truck, is it a competition vehicle? You might be able to sled pull in a work stock class at 600 HP, then again, you might not.

As far as drag racing, that's enough power to run in an 11.90 index class if you put it in a light weight 2wd race truck.

If this motor is for your tow truck, this probably isn't the right website for you.

This will most likely end up starting life in a 2.6 class puller then who knows what. I was going to put it in my 95 f350 but im up to no good with the 7.3. So this will be a puller motor for now i guess

Back