Need help truck surging

cerickson

fullpull108
I have noticed lately that my truck surges. It has now started to surge pretty steady, with or without the cruise on. The rpm guage don't indicate anything. Feels like its in the drivetrain. Feels like the clutch maybe slipping. Is it possible the clutch is slipping while just driving without a load on it? Could it be the flywheel? I have the stock clutch in the truck. Looking at the the valair dd clutch for the truck. Just don't want to buy a clutch without checking everything to make sure it couldn't be somthing else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

did you.......

Check codes? Turn the key on, off, on, off, on. Watch your odometer display and write down the numbers that come up. It will take a few seconds for the test to complete

Push the accelerator to the floor three times when the truck is off then start it that should reset the APPS if I remember correctly. Mine did it once and that solved the problem.

Turn the key on without starting it, push the pedal slowly to the floor and slowly let it back up then turn the key off. Then start it. That should reset it.

Its not so much the motor surging. It feels like the clutch slipping. Don't notice it till you get it out on the highway. Cruising you can hear it and its got a bit of a vibration thats what lead me to believe it may be the clutch. And I had the apps sensor replaced less then 15,000 miles ago. Maybe its defective.:bang

Back