Need help with Sizing Secondary Turbo f/ 6.7 CR

Mopar Muscle

I have decided that I want a compound turbo setup on my truck. This is my daily driver that seems limited towing. I still want it to be able to do it all. My goal for daily driving use is around 500 whp. When turned up, I would like enough air for 650-700 whp.

I plan to use the stock HE351 VGT as the primary to maintain fast spool up and the factory exhaust brake. Long term, I will probably upgrade it to a GDP 62mm VGT when they get all the kinks worked out of it. The stock turbo with be wastegated with an external Tial MV-S 38mm wastegate. I plan to limit the boost from the VGT to 25-30 psi of compounded boost (as measured from intake of VGT to the outlet) to keep it in more efficient range so drive pressure are not excessive.

Right now I am looking at a Bullseye S476 turbo for the secondary. I think the 76mm will work well, especially when I get an upgraded 62mm primary.

My question is how to size the turbine side. It seems that the T6 housing in a 1.32 twin scroll combined with a 96mm inducer is the most common. Is there a better option? I want the secondary to provide about 1/2 of the total boost (approx. 50 psi total on the street, or 65+ for racing or pulling). For my application with the VGT and a street driven truck, would I be better stepping down to the 1.10 ratio housing or stepping down to a 87 or 83mm inducer? Is there a non-twin scroll housing? I have called some vendors, but so far none have given me solid advice. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Back