Need Help

railguy1

I have no title
I have two leaks that I can't figure out. The first one is fuel out of the fuel/water drain tube, I have checked the shut off and it's all the way off?
And the second is coolant covering everything up front but I can't locate where it's comming from, I have been told that it's the water pump. How can I tell for sure?

Wash everything down with a pressure washer and degreaser. Just be sure not to go too hard on the alternator with the water. Most car washes have the degreaser and hot water bath. Once everything is clean you should be able to detect all the leaks. Thats what I did with my 75 F100

railguy1 said:
I have two leaks that I can't figure out. The first one is fuel out of the fuel/water drain tube, I have checked the shut off and it's all the way off? The O rings in the valve need replacing. I have used a #90 O ring plus these instructions to fix: http://forums.thedieselstop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1011792#Post1011792

And the second is coolant covering everything up front but I can't locate where it's comming from, I have been told that it's the water pump. How can I tell for sure? Wash off the front if the engine. I am thinking it is either the pump that is leaking or the thermostat housing that is leaking.

The info that to answer your questions are in red above.

railguy1 said:
So you just pull the yellow valve off with the 4 screws and the o rings are inside there?
Drain the fuel bowl first.The screws are a torx bit #15 If I remember correctly.

So I sprayed the front off and still can't tell where the coolant is leaking from? I don't know if it's around the water pump or at the t-stat housing. And how would I know if my water pump is going out?

Pop the belt off, Todd and see if there's any play in the pulley. If it wiggles back and forth...it's shot.

railguy1 said:
So I sprayed the front off and still can't tell where the coolant is leaking from? I don't know if it's around the water pump or at the t-stat housing. And how would I know if my water pump is going out?

There is a weep hole on the bottom side of the water pump. If it comes out of there it is shot. Usually will run down and around the front crank seal. Just replaced the one on my 97, and Lil E's 00.:thankyou2:

Back