Need more fuel

APWCU

I'm trying to decide my next step on my truck, it's a 98 2wd QCSB 12v, 364.5 sxe over a 480/1.32, 5x20 injectors, 7mm dvs, hamilton stage 2 head, 188/220 cam, extreme duty Hamilton push rods, built Goerend auto, PDD predator mechanical lift pump.

I think I have essentially maxed out my injection pump, it has a 4k gsk, 7mm dvs, mack rack plug and no fuel plate, never been benched/balanced.

The truck runs excellent, dynoed 642 before the head and cam with a 62/475 and 5x16s. Definitely has more power now but cleans up the fuel 100% and I mean no smoke at all after it spools.

I'm running about 80 psi boost now, the cam dropped it about 10 psi, timing is at about 24.

I know I need more fuel, I drive this truck on the street and don't want to lose that ability. I'm thinking my best route is a maxed 215 pump (I have a spare 215). I don't think I'll be happy with a 13mm or I would go straight for that, I'm concerned about reliability/runaway situation with a 13mm.

Any advice on what I should proceed with? I would really like to be around 900hp or so. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be afraid to try a 13mm pump on that setup. Make sure you get one with genuine Bosch plungers and that you have enough fuel going to it, it'll be fine. A mild 13mm pump would be a big upgrade and still drive great. Everyone seems to think you need massive injectors, full cuts, big lines, and some touchy 5ks to go with a 13mm pump. Tame it down and you can have a street friendly truck that makes a boatload of power.

I’d throw some 5ks in your pump first. Mine was a world difference wjth 5500s then the old 4ks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have it made into a stage 4 from Farrell diesel service. The owner is CTDYoungGun on here.

Back