Need some advise from pullers who have switched ?

1965LONEWOLF

lonewolf
Need some advise from some pullers who have tried this . I have 35" tires and run 4:88 gears , rpms run at 3800 - 4100 rpms while pulling in 4 low and in drive. My thinking is switch to 4:30 's and it will lower the rpms but also gain me wheel speed because I believe tires will slow just a touch and give me more traction and I won't blow the tires off when leaving the line when pulling ?

Don't do it. You will just drag rpm down and get more into the torque curve and break crap. If you are only running 38-4000 you aren't blowing the tires off. I would stick with what you have. At those rpm you either have a lack of power issue or a well hooking chassis. Also depending on the class you run and a lot of truck build variables but I wouldn't change much if you are doing well.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Dont do it, looks like your gear is where it needs to be. You could fill us in on what class you're running and some chassis info

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Yeah takes a lot of power to pull off 35s and 4.30s. I’d say you want your rpm 4K or higher. Def don’t wanna drop it. I’d say even a 4.56 gear is to much for you at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back