need some direction

trying to direct this towards 5150ram or someone with like experience doing LLY swaps

my dad picked up an 03 dmax with a bad hole, assuming from injectors, found an 05 LLY engine/trans/xcase

had a guy swap the wiring harnesses and plugs aroundand reflash the 04.5/05 ecm/tcm

first problem we came to was the fuel gauge which he has looked into and is going to fix,
:bang
now i'm trying to figure out why the a/c isnt working and need to know whether or not its something he overlooked.

your post in this thread (LB7 injector problem cure - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together) was the first i have found that says fuel, oil, and a/c, are not plug and play compatible.

is there anything i can tell him when i take the truck to him that might point him in the right direction as far as the a/c?

and our oil pressure gauge has been a little finicky but 90% of the time reads correct, i was just chalking it up to bad stepper motors and was going to have the cluster refurbished,

thanks for any help you might have

It sounds like your problems are in the ECM operating system. It sounds like your LLY ECM is flashed for the wrong size fuel tank, and is set-up for the wrong A/C system. The LLY swap into an 03-04 LB7 is fairly straight forward, but you will need to find the VIN number for a truck with the same options as yours, but in a LLY. And then have your ECM flashed with the operating system for the LLY VIN of a truck with the same options installed as yours. If the ECM is flashed for a truck with climate control but yours doesn't have it, then your A/C will not work. Or if it is flashed for a truck with a long bed(34 gallon tank) but you have a short bed(26 gallon tank), the guage will be off. 03-05 ECM's are VERY picky about what tuning is in the ECM, and wether or not all of the installed options will work or not.

the fuel gauge works, it just reads backwards,

which is exactly what i had been finding needs changed with this swap.

he can't do it because he doesn't have efi live, he uses a different program,

also the a/c does work, but it also works backwards,

its on when the a/c control is off,

off when the a/c is switched on.

also stays on when you go from no a/c to defog, which is normal i just think its a function of the computer, just because the compressor runs in defrost doesnt mean the a/c is on.

there for it thinks the a/c is off and the compressor just keeps on trucking,

he told me i need to head up to vancouver and see Idaho Rob

Back