Need some Duramax help guys!

Jim Fulmer

A friend of a friend that is in the sandbox is asking for my help on his duramax that his wife is driving here in the states, I'll post what he send to me via F/B and see if you'll can point them in the right direction so she doesn't have to pay for a bunch of useless stuff from a dealer ect:

A guy i work with has a 2003 Duramax, Anyways his wife ran it out of fuel. Ran the batteries down trying to start it. Had friend replace both batteries, prime the system, and changed fuel filter. Truck started and ran for about 20 or so miles. No problem. She went to start it the other day and it started and ran for like 30 seconds then shut off, and now will not turn over. Batteries good, primed it, and still wont start. Went and got spare key, and it started and ran for 30 seconds and shut off. (I dont think that has anything to do with it, i think it was the time she took to find the key).

You have ideas on what he can have someone look at. He is over here in Baghdad with me and is trying to do this over the phone with his wife.

Thanks, Jim

Is the security light flashing? Might try leaving the key on for ten minutes to relearn the resistance value of the key to the security module.

Thanks glen, I sent him a hyper link to the thread but I think both of them are going to join the site too.....so much that I know nothing about, seems it's never an easy 12V question anymore.

Jim

sometimes these will get a crack in the fuel filter housing. The primer bulb should get hard quickly. If it doesn't, it could have a crack in the housing.

I'm guessing it has not lift pump correct? Airdog/Fass with filters are a good upgrade. I have an airdog on mine and have eliminated to stock filter and housing on the motor so no more chance of problem. before I e got rid of it, filter changes were easy as the lift pump would prime the filter instead of pumping it by hand

Back