Need Sources for Big Pin IDIT Pistons....

THECACKLER

Hey All... Just stumbled across this forum while spending my third evening searching for 92.5-94.5 IDI Turbo pistons. These are the special larger wrist pin style dubbed "Big Pin" pistons only made for the Turbo charged 7.3 IDI's. They have the Ricardo cup like the N/A IDI's and the 33mm wrist pin bore's like the PSD pistons. Does anyone know of a source for these Mahle's ? I believe the part number is something like 144180 but no one seems to be able to verify that. I really don't want to revert to the 1.11" pin rods and let these 1.30" pin Turbo rods rust away. Can anybody shed some light on a source...

Are you just looking for stock turbo pistons? Sadly might be able to buy and entire motor just to get them specially if they guy doesn't know what he has.

I would think Mahle would have them though, guess give them a call and hope to get someone who knows what they are talking about.

Also if you haven't been over there yet oilburners.net is the premier idi site from what I hear and they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Call your local International shop and either get them from them or find out where they get them...

Dave

Back