New 24v owner.

bd blk 12v

Fixen broken bulldogs
Hello guys I have a 2001 24v with 259k. it's my first 24v and a pretty clean one at that. It does have an issue. It's hard to start when warm. I believe it's the pump. I have pulled all the connector tubes and replaced o rings. I have replaced injectors, had a new set sitting. I have pulled all seal washers and replaced them. The fuel return on back of the head was brittle on the rings. The truck will start cold but let it run to operating temp and shut it off will not start. It has a new lift pump and electric sender on the filter housing. Bump the key to start pump runs builds 5-15 psi. When it's running never drops 15psi. It idles smooth and has plenty of power. It does seem odd it won't start hot. I hate to spend a good deal of money on a pump if it's not the issue. Thanks for the help

It is the pump, but on most trucks you can regulate the fuel pressure to less than 14psi to cure the problem.

The Vp's done like excessive fuel pressure upon start, are you bumping the key before you start the truck?

Most generally yes i bump the key to start it. When i buy a new pump would it be ok to leave the pressure where it is at? I would like the truck to be reliable and not leave me stranded. I was pretty certain it was the pump but do appreciate the help in confirming that.

Back