New 2wd puller

dsl4x4

My 94 is going to start pulling and was wondering where i need to start. I know need blocks, bump stops and traction bars. But what kind of tires? should i get beadlocks to run ridiculously low psi in my tires? what tires? wider the better? any thing else i should know about.

My 94 is going to start pulling and was wondering where i need to start. I know need blocks, bump stops and traction bars. But what kind of tires? should i get beadlocks to run ridiculously low psi in my tires? what tires? wider the better? any thing else i should know about.

There are alot of differnt choices for tires. Alot of people around florida like boggers. I run mickey thompson mtz that are 35/ 12.50 i wouldnt mine running a little wider of a tire. If u can afford boggers go with them. My truck was built more for a the advarage guy wanting to do something with a basically stock truck.

You dont need beadlocks if u dont want them. I spun the tire inside my rim on my first ever pull because i ran 15 psi in my back tires. BIG NO NO. In a 2wd 25-28 psi seems to be about right for my duramax it dont bounce or anything like that. I would strongly reccommend a converter before u hook to the sled though.

There are alot of differnt choices for tires. Alot of people around florida like boggers. I run mickey thompson mtz that are 35/ 12.50 i wouldnt mine running a little wider of a tire. If u can afford boggers go with them. My truck was built more for a the advarage guy wanting to do something with a basically stock truck.

You dont need beadlocks if u dont want them. I spun the tire inside my rim on my first ever pull because i ran 15 psi in my back tires. BIG NO NO. In a 2wd 25-28 psi seems to be about right for my duramax it dont bounce or anything like that. I would strongly reccommend a converter before u hook to the sled though.

Sorry i also left this out. Florida rules state u can only run DOT approved tires and can not be any wider then 14.50. Now u can run dually rims with both back tires being 12.50's and be fine. I do not get that. But u will have more pounds per square inch on the ground with a single tire. I havent played with duals yet. But i havent seen a need to anyways.

you can run with out beed locks.. IMO rake(nose down) is important more so on a 2wd then a 4wd truck this alows you to carry the front easier with the truck roughly level. putting all you weight on the rear tires.
width get the widest you can afford.
pending on the type of track you pull on.. sandy.. i would just go striaght swamper boggers 33x14,35x14.5, 36x16 all on a 16" rim
interco has 36x14.50r16 STS tires
MT has 375(15.5") wide tires both in 33" and 36" heights 375/55, 375/65 both on a 16"

small tires up front ie 24-26" tall would help.. probly find tome take off at a tire dealer. less you want to by them new

Back