new class?

pernatsdiesel

Some one has asked me about getting involved in a class that basically has no limits except having a stock drivetrain, and a few other minor things that are more for safety? My main concern was what would be the weight limit of the class? Usually 8500 is kind of the standard around here but what if the truck you have is 8300 and you would like to use hanging weights? You wont be hanging much weight off the front. If that's the case would it be worth allowing hanging weights or just letting them put weight in the cab? Open to any ideas thanks!:thankyou2:

I also forgot to add you need to have a specific hitch height and the hitch must be a standard receiver bolted to the frame!

What is the definition of stock drive train? Sounds very open ended with tons of cheating and whining.

The idea is kind of supposed to be if it is insured and licensed with a factory drive terrain there is no limit besides duals which have to be factory as well.

Better sit down with whoever is gonna be running this and discuss a few things. From what you are saying it doesn't sound like you guys have a lot diesel pulling in your region..

If you don't already have diesel pull in your class you better put some more rules in effect based on what type of trucks are in the region. From what you have above your just gonna have a very large gap in pull distances and lots of whining like already mentioned.

The idea is kind of supposed to be if it is insured and licensed with a factory drive terrain there is no limit besides duals which have to be factory as well.

Sounds like it will turn into a 2.6 class where guys will keep tags on the trucks.

The guy who is actually trying to set the class up has more of the fine details that im sure im missing. The main thing in an open class like this that im concerned about is the weight issue. We usually have around 25 diesels in a stock class and about 7 to 10 in the 2.6 and not much in the 3.0. Reason they want to do this class is cause stock is out of hand and they don't want to single people out who have daily driven trucks with high horsepower. everyone knows everyone around here so they kind of want to accommodate as much as possible without turning people away

The guy who is actually trying to set the class up has more of the fine details that im sure im missing. The main thing in an open class like this that im concerned about is the weight issue. We usually have around 25 diesels in a stock class and about 7 to 10 in the 2.6 and not much in the 3.0. Reason they want to do this class is cause stock is out of hand and they don't want to single people out who have daily driven trucks with high horsepower. everyone knows everyone around here so they kind of want to accommodate as much as possible without turning people away
We tried it around here. Just doesn't work. You'll have somebody show up in a 900-1000hp truck and wax the "street" trucks by 100ft a few times then the "street" trucks won't show up anymore. Then the class is dead. Happened here, there is a reason RWYB classes don't hang around........ with that being said 2.5 has gotten crazy with 1000hp trucks and I'm not familiar with any WS or even if WS exists anywhere anymore. But I say a box stock 366 class would be fun. Just my$.02

I agree with everyone above, we had the same kind of classes around my area. Never worked out the problem is the guys who pull in with 900hp truck, most of the class I was in was basically a hot stock.

We were allowed hanging weights to 8000lbs, then the dually trucks started showing up and hanging. And they allowed it because of the whining.

Basically you can set all the rules you want, guarantee they will all get bent. That's when the guys who are following rules no longer show up, its a 2.5 + class then. My $.02

Ya I have looked up and seen on other threads seems like everyone whines it becomes a mess and the class disappears buy I think they are going to give it a shot because in order to pull you have to become a member or pay 75 dollars per hook we will see how it goes ill post something when I see official rules

Just run the class at one event this year and see how it goes. Then you can adjust from there.

This will go nowhere better off leaving it the way it is. Seen this happen in the past they make a class to fit around someone so that he can pull. The numbers in the stock class will never diminish as everyone wants the win the "Super Bowl" of county fairs. You guys just keep pushing the limits of your driven trucks and eventually you will have to build your truck to fit into a sanctioned class. After all what fun would it be with rules.

We have a WS class here and they are real competitive. NW OH

There's already classes for your style trucks in the area it's called 2.5 or work stock. And like Sean (olblue359) said it has happened before and don't work out. I tried getting a class like that when I started pulling and never worked so said screw it and started building my truck up to what it is today. And if who made this post is the truck I think it is you would do good in the 2.5 class that Midwest puller has and southwest pullers have. Bring it to Richland center May 9th set up for 2.5

There's already classes for your style trucks in the area it's called 2.5 or work stock. And like Sean (olblue359) said it has happened before and don't work out. I tried getting a class like that when I started pulling and never worked so said screw it and started building my truck up to what it is today. And if who made this post is the truck I think it is you would do good in the 2.5 class that Midwest puller has and southwest pullers have. Bring it to Richland center May 9th set up for 2.5

Im curious what truck this is as well and who is trying to put this class together... And like Jeff mentioned, you should join the 2.5 class. Midwest especially needs more truck to run in this class.

his build is above the local 2.5 rules. he'd have to remove quite a bit off his truck, spend a bunch more $ and add safety devices for that class. going backwards build wise and $$ wise probably wouldnt be ideal. like sean said. just keep doing what you are doing and break some sh!t this season. remember to keep it fun....

Last edited:
There are plenty enough classes to pull in. If you want to be a puller build your truck to the rules that exist. Quit dreaming that the rules will magically be adapted to fit your truck. The truth is you chose to build your tuck the way you did. If you truly wanted to truck pull your truck would fit the rules. You are not the only truck in this boat. A lot of work stock trucks deal with this. This is the reason it is a work stock class. The next step is a dedicated puller. Step down an play or put on your big boy pants and step up.

Back