New clutch break in mileage?

terminaltsi

dirty
i just put in a 13" valair 10 puck and was wondering how many miles i need to take it easy on it.... i'm used to 500 on most cars but i don't have any experience with diesels.
if it's 500, hell, i'll never get it broke in until xmas maybe! i rarely drive it since i'm allowed to use my company truck for personal use as well and get free gas.

the better you break it in the better results you will get.

what does that mean? the better you break it in? are bein hard on it or easy on it? With weight hooked up to a trailer or just free driving? Im about to buy one and would like it to be broke in the right way,,if there is a right way

I drove mine close to 1k before I started beating on it and a year and a half later no probs at all.

what does that mean? the better you break it in? are bein hard on it or easy on it? With weight hooked up to a trailer or just free driving? Im about to buy one and would like it to be broke in the right way,,if there is a right way

no heavy loads , no launches, normal " if there is such a thing" driving for about 500 miles. not hi-way miles, stop n go miles. here's what i think, no metal can be cut to a perfect flat, it all will have some taper to it, .001-.002" so when a performance clutch is installed it will not be seated in,these facing's are hard, if you abuse it before its seated in, you will end up with hot spots and or burnt friction material.JMO

no heavy loads , no launches, normal " if there is such a thing" driving for about 500 miles. not hi-way miles, stop n go miles. here's what i think, no metal can be cut to a perfect flat, it all will have some taper to it, .001-.002" so when a performance clutch is installed it will not be seated in,these facing's are hard, if you abuse it before its seated in, you will end up with hot spots and or burnt friction material.JMO

that's what i have always done for every clutch i'm installed in cars, so i guess i ws right on this one also.

Back