New exhaust for the wifes 06

cerickson

fullpull108
I'm in need of new exhaust for the wifes truck. Where is the best place to get complete exhaust? Been doing some looking. I can buy the down pipe separate from the rest. But it looks like you can only get cat back exhaust.

When I bought her truck it already had aftermarket exhaust on it. I did a muffler delete. If I bought the down pipe and the cat back, will just a piece of straight pipe work between them? I could also stay with my down pipe that I have now and build from behind it.

i just put a Diamond Eye Dual kit on my truck this past week. Turbo Back.
Ive always done singles, and wanted to change it up. That being said, nothing fit correctly, and thankfully i have a full fab shop because i wound up cutting and welding all over to make this thing work and look symmetrical.

I've had to put a band clamp on it over the winter. Looks like crap all rusty. Rattles like crazy.

I've used Rollin Smoke Diesel exhausts a few times with great results. I think the one for my 12V with a muffler was like $330 shipped!

Was looking online. Most of the exhaust they are offering is cat back. Must be because of the epa. I'm in need of complete exhaust.

I had an 03, so no cat on mine. But I did just use a piece of 4” straight pipe from the down pipe to a Donaldson that I picked up from the local truck parts. I tacked the stock hangers on it once it was in. I don’t recall who I got the tail pipe.

Last edited:
Looking harder found alot of complete kits. I purchased a 5" flo pro kit when I bought my 08. I'm on the fence on whether to keep it 4" or step up to 5" on hers. Would the 5" hamper the low end power or is it the same as 4"? The truck isn't a huge power house. No high horse power adders just efi for mileage.

Last edited:
Low end power? We are talking about a forced induction diesel here, not a naturally aspirated gasser.....

Exhaust size does nothing more that evacuate heat on a diesel. 5" will have a slightly lower tone than 4" but absolutely zero performance difference.

Flo pro makes great kits

Low end power? We are talking about a forced induction diesel here, not a naturally aspirated gasser.....

Exhaust size does nothing more that evacuate heat on a diesel. 5" will have a slightly lower tone than 4" but absolutely zero performance difference.

Flo pro makes great kits

I've been trying to find a flo pro. On their own website it is saying no shipping to the US. For anything turbo back. Looked on several shops pages (thoroughbred diesel, xdp,, alligator performance, and others) and most that had or have flo pro dont sell turbo back. Wont go the ebay route either. Looked and no good reviews.

I can install it myself. Did my 5" on my 08. Just dont know which brand to go with. Been a couple years since I bought exhaust for my truck. Prices sure have gone up significantly.

If I stay with 4" my down pipe looks to be in good shape. Could I just get the cat back system and get a piece if pipe to fill the void where the cat was supposed to be? Or will it no line up being 2 different exhaust manufacturers?

Last edited:
My exhaust consists of the factory down pipe cut off at the bottom, straight 4" shoved in with a few tacks with 6011, a band clamp, then a 4" cheap flow pro straight through muffler, stick welds and band clamps again, then a turn down right after the cab made out of a bend from the original exhaust.

Oh and only one hangar welded on and it's a piece of rebar.

I've been happy with diamond eye and Rollin smoke diesel 5" straight systems.

I know they arent the favorite here, but i had a gift card. DAP ( Diesel Auto Power) is where i got mine with no issues. Turbo back

I'm also looking for exhaust for my 06. It seems as though like the OP stated, finding turbo back is hard vs cat back. That being said, I have a custom downpipe because of the twins, so the downpipe is just going to get sold or put on a shelf.

Back