new member w 85, Toyota Hilux 2.4 NA

85hilux

Hi, This is my first post. I have been reading on here for awhile, but figured I would post as will have some questions soon! I am From Texas but have moved to Norway this past year. I am an Engineer by name tag, but hot rodder/fabricator by nature. I had my own hotrod shop in Houston the past many years before moving. Now in the oil business and finally working on my own cars/trucks. When i left Texas I sold my hopped up Dodge 2500 Cummins and have now bought a 1985 toyota Hilux with the 2L 2.4l NA diesel...power seems to be off from the Dodge...I will soon be seeking advice on a simple propane and or turbo for this motor...I have read Dan's thread with great instrest. Talk to yall soon.
Hans:st:

Welcome to Comp D!

There was a 85 hilux deisel running around my area for awhile. He swaped on a turbo and some injectors. If I remember what he said. Cummins 4bt injectors will swap over pretty easily.

By the way I would really like some pics!:thankyou2:

Awsome. I would like to see pictures as well. I would like to find a little diesel truck as well. Chris

Yes yes, a fun truck for sure.

Ask your questions and ye shall have your anwsers.
:hehe:

dan

I remember seeing alot of Hilux's when i was in England, pretty neat vehicles! Good luck!

Isn't that the truck they absolutely tried to destroy on the british tv show called "top gear?" I mean they let the Ocean tide take it away, put it on top of a 30 story building while it was being imploded and they couldn't kill it!

tought little bastard it was, those things are cool! Welcome to the site!!

Ken in AZ said:
Isn't that the truck they absolutely tried to destroy on the british tv show called "top gear?"

Yup.
The Toyota diesels are tough little sum*****es. Finding parts can get interesting compared to something more modern, however.

I'd be very surprised if Cummins 4BT injectors would swap into a Toyota. Those older Toy diesels are indirect injection. Maybe just the nozzles would swap...

Matt

Back