New to 7.3s

Sabbath5.9

Neato niceo airplane glue
Ok fellas I don't know jack about 7.3s. I'm a cummins man and I wanted to try playing around with a 7.3. I know we're on compd and I know about searching. But can anyone answer why 7.3 trans's suck while stock?

Ok fellas I don't know jack about 7.3s. I'm a cummins man and I wanted to try playing around with a 7.3. I know we're on compd and I know about searching. But can anyone answer why 7.3 trans's suck while stock?

Same reason a 47/48re and allison suck while stock.

Well on my 47re I snapped a bunch of stuff randomly. My cousins blew 4 different 47s. And my friend with a 7.3 had his 4r100 blow 3 times in 2 years

Well on my 47re I snapped a bunch of stuff randomly. My cousins blew 4 different 47s. And my friend with a 7.3 had his 4r100 blow 3 times in 2 years

Sounds like he had the wrong person building it or was giving it a fair amount of abuse. Look into a bts. That should solve your problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

A properly built 4r100 is pretty damn bullet proof. If your friend can't keep one together, blame the builder.

I don't have a problem with my 4r100 either. It had some crappy shifting, but after adding a dp tuner it seems to shift pretty good now. It also has 180k on it.

The 4r in my 02 lasted 180k in my stock truck then did a mild trans built and I sled pulled 10 times with it and the guy who has the truck now is beating the hell out of it. Total of 50k since build and still going strong

Back