New to the Dmax world!

phantom 309

Just ditched my 05 cummins and purchased an 06 Duramax (or so I the dealership said) irregardless its an LLY. What all do I need to start doing to elminate any upcoming issues I could have? Im planning to block the EGR asap but other than that what else to yall recomend?
Also may be a dumb question but how can I legitimatley tell what year truck this is lol. It was listed as and 06, the man. date is 9/05 but from what I heard the 8th number from the right on the vin is the year? Which is a 6.
Thanks!

The truck has only the red duramax diesel badge and has the 6 speed manual thumb option if this helps any..

There were LLY's made in 2006. However, it's basically an LBZ with LLY tuning. It has all the same hard parts/trans/running gear as the LBZ, just different ECM programming.

Should be 8th number from the left for the motor iirc. Should be a 2 for a 2005-2006 LLY, a D if it's a 2006 LBZ. If its a 2006, position 10 should be a 6.

Last edited:
It's a 2. So would this make it an LBZ with LLY tuning being that is has the 6 speed auto?

Forget that it says LLY. Everything you purchase for it will be LBZ parts, so just think of it from now on as LBZ.

Forget that it says LLY. Everything you purchase for it will be LBZ parts, so just think of it from now on as LBZ.

Lol sounds great to me:snoop:

I've noticed a small diesel leak coming from the front of the transmission? From what I've been able to read up on this could be the fuel rail sensor??
Thanks for all the help guys!

Lol sounds great to me:snoop:

I've noticed a small diesel leak coming from the front of the transmission? From what I've been able to read up on this could be the fuel rail sensor??
Thanks for all the help guys!

Correct

Back