New to turbo sizing and compounds.

superdutyfarmer

What I have is my 4b ranger that im contemplating putting a second turbo on. It as originally built and I hung an s363 on the manifold but I had to keep it around 4k to stay on top of it and it only really worked good wfo. I swapped that out and hung an he351cw on it now and it drives amazing. Boost goes to 20-25 at half throttle and wfo is around 45. Engine has 5x.016 injectors, ppump, Hamilton cam and valve springs, stock intercooled pistons with .080 taken off the top for added boost pressure. Im looking for some suggestions. I as thinking maybe hx55 or 52? will the exhaust housings be too big that I wont be able to see the interstage boost to make it worth my trouble?

Any insite appreciated

I can get a good deal on an hx50 off an ism but not sure if it will support the air the 351 will need, also thought about buying a cheap s300 and putting a 66mm or 63mm cover and wheel on it. I seen stainless has them for 100$

Last edited:
Bump nobody have any advise? There is an hx52 with a billet wheel in the classifieds that looks decently sized. Just looking for more info, how big is too big on exhaust housing to do what I want? When I had the s363 on the manifold it would surge until it was high in rpm.

Bumping this up, ran at the track tonight. Best time of 14.5. It seemed to be down on power. I think the he351 finally had it with the closed wastegate idea. So I'm looking into turbo options. Daily driving the 351 was very nice with my setup but looking to make some more power. I previously tried a s364 and had bad surging issues. Would a 360 turbo work good? Or am I better off rebuilding the 351 and properly wastegating it? Also have a nitrous kit I can throw in the mix

A 351 that's properly wastegated would be hard to be on your truck. I bet a S366 or S467 would make and awesome set of twins

Back