New truck maybe....

k.marlatt

I might be getting a new-to-me truck. Ive had nothing but dodges my whole life. I really like the ease of working on, and fuel mileage, but the "interior looks" dept has always fell short of fords and chevy's. I really like the looks of the 08+ fords. I know if i posted this in the cummins section they would bash the fords, so im coming to people who own them.

What about the mileage? Im getting 20+ with my dodge (with programmer) anyone out there getting close to that?

Are the 6.4's as easy to get power out of as the cummins? I know the 08+'s will have the DPF and i have no problem cutting that thing off. I have no experience with DPF, but doesnt it use diesel to burn, so thats where some of your mileage would go.

Also how many miles can a guy get out of the powerstrokes? I know a few people that have 200+ but i know prolly 50 that have cummins with 200+....

Just let me know what yall think. I am very open minded, but dont want to get in a truck thats gonna get horrible mileage.

You won't get the fuel mileage you get with your Cummins, probably in the 18-20 mpg range. These trucks are a lot heavier, and the V-8 diesel typically doesn't get the mileage an I-6 does.

As for the power department, you can get 575-600 rear wheel horsepower out of 6.4 Power Stroke with a tuner, intake, and DPF delete exhaust. The stock transmissions in these truck with the proper tuning can last a very long time.

Back