Newbee Turbo Help-

bebop86

Guy's - I have a 2015 2500- Here's what I have on it- 40 inch tires- full delete with stacks ,race me ultra tuner with RDR warp tunes- I am adding: 4.88 gears, Fleece 10 MM CP3, Revmax- Stage 5 torque converter, Valve body, trans bypass- Hamilton Pushrods and valve springs, ARP 625 Studs- Will be adding injectors-
This a daily driver ,No Towing- Would like to be around 650- 700 HP for reliability sake
So Looking at adding a turbo- Not sure between the Fleece Cheetah, Pusher Compound or a 2nd Gen - I like the sound of the exhaust brake so would like to keep it-
Cheetah would be simplest but have heard overpriced for what you get-
Pusher seems nice but heard you need to build up the bottom end of the engine??
2nd gen seems right but then I need to add a exhaust brake so more $$=
what are the benefits or down side of each of these and which way would you go
Thanks for the newbee advice Just want to do this right-

Youre going to need more transmission work than just a converter and vb for your goals. That power level youre looking at full 68 build and probably 8 to 10k easily. For what youre doing I would do a s467.7/87/90 will spool great for the street make the power youre looking for relatively easy and leave some room to grow. Plus down the road its a good charger to compound off of. You dont need to build the botton end for compounds as long as you arent stupid with it. With not towing you dont need the exhaust brake. For merely Liking the sound of it youre going to spend alot of money for some noise. Theres lots of vendors on here that can get you setup with what you need.

What he said. I wouldnt even waste my time installing those trans parts. I would go with At least a revmax 700 with a Billet Input and Drum.

Back