Newbie here needing a few pointers

Huston08

I just picked up an 05 f250 harley edition 6.0 it has supposedly had studs and gaskets done and it also has an egr delete, straight piped, and an sct 3015 tuner this is my first ford was just wondering what should i do next as far as upgrades? i will be doing occasional stock trailer hauling and minor farm equipment and of course a play toy lol but any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

All depends how far you want to go. Set of injectors(155) and a turbo (powermax), maybe some tunes from matt at gearhead? Just hope they used ford head gaskets. You say its head studded, just look at the bottom side of the head ( exhaust side of the head not intake) and look to see if there are studs and nuts or bolt heads. Then you will know if it is studded or not.

Yeah i was definitely going to get some custom tunes added just didnt know who to go thru to get em and i really dont wanna go to crazy because it is my daily driver the truck will be far from babied but i dont wanna lose all the fuel mileage im gettin 19 on the highway as of now with the performance tune that came on the sct

I would leaving it alone. Factory turbo and injector are just fine on the street and for fuel econ. Make sure your coolant is in good shape. That is the number one reason for cooler failures. I would change it to elc coolant and add a coolant filter

Is the sinister kit on ebay a good coolant filter conversion? And i stumbled upon a pic of my truck on facebook last night looks like a place called Toops performance out of plain city ohio did some of the work to my truck which is really good to know so i can talk to them about what they done to it because i hate not knowing whats been done lol

Is the sinister kit on ebay a good coolant filter conversion? And i stumbled upon a pic of my truck on facebook last night looks like a place called Toops performance out of plain city ohio did some of the work to my truck which is really good to know so i can talk to them about what they done to it because i hate not knowing whats been done lol

Toops is a great shop. The coolant bypass some people say do it and some say not to bother if you already have studs done. Myself I do not think the amount the gets filtered really effects much but any little bit helps i guess. Sinister has nice stuff and they price match on their website. If you are happy with your power now or after you get new tunes then leave it with a stock turbo and injectors. Most of the trucks I work on are work trucks or plow trucks and all have stud jobs and matts tunes. One has 250k on the truck and still runs great, he pulls a trailer everyday for work, stock turbo and injectors. My .02, get some tunes from matt at gearhead and see if that is enough for you. If you want more then go from there.

Possibly a ficm tune from php or innovative. Should help spool up and fuel economy as long as you don't go too big with the tune. And I'll 3rd getting some custom tunes, can't go wrong with gearhead

Upgraded stc fitting, blue fuel spring upgrade, and a custom tune from Innovative Diesel. I would also keep a good 1000 dollars in the oh **** fund.

I actually had a fellow 6.0 owner tell me about the stc fitting and the blue spring upgrade so i ordered that stuff last night and i always have an oh s*it fund for my vehicles lol and the ficm tune how does that work just plug and play like the sct? Or do i have to send out my ficm?

Welcome to CompD!

Toops Performance is in London Ohio btw, great people to deal with there. :Cheer:

Php and innovative both offer their ficm tunes on a hand held tuner that contain multiple tunes and program through the dlc. You can send your ficm to php to be tuned and is cheaper that way since you only get the one tune and no handheld device.

Ok guys the blue spring kit made a believer outta me i did it before work the other day then ran a 23 foot beaver tail trailer with a smaller case skid loader on it and was getting 20.3 mpg out of my truck thats more than any gasser I've ever owned and i am ordering the ficm tuner thru innovative tomorrow thanks again for the help!!

Back