newby to diesel performance

Ky6.0

Hi!
Very informative (and entertaining! lol ) site. I've just drifted around on here a few times in the past , but was not really into diesel performance much until now. Been reading a LOT on here recently but still have lots of questions, so I thought I would register so I can ask. My son is pretty much ate up with diesel performance (12valvepwr96 I think is his username) but is a Cummins man. He's building a Fummins and I have been helping him with the bodywork n paint. I have an 04 f250 I bought new, put a Banks bundle on it, but basically just used it for hauling our buggies and do some auto transporting on the side sometimes with it .
Recently tore my 6-leaker down to do HG and studs. My son bought me an SCT for Christmas last year that Im finally gonna put to use and he found me a deal on a Garret 66mm vgt turbo, and I bought some RCD 205cc injectors to go with it, getting an airdogII and considering a regulated return now. What started as a repair job has turned into quite a bit more :doh:.

Everyone comes here looking for a good air cleaner and ends up with Rods and coated pistons.....................Welcome and good luck being happy at 500HP. LOL

Everyone comes here looking for a good air cleaner and ends up with Rods and coated pistons.....................Welcome and good luck being happy at 500HP. LOL

Very good point. I won't let him stop here!
....." Oh yea, Dad since you have bigger injectors, you need a big turbo, and a set of carillo rods to compliment them, along with a block girdle, cam, and roller rockers!"

Back