Newby

spullinjr

We'll I bought my first 12V and will install it in my K20, but I need some advice.
I picked up the 6bta from a bus, and it has a different exhaust manifold, turbo flange is perpendicular to the head rather than angled. Is the turbo the same, can I just put a dodge truck manifold on it.

Is the water to air after cooler any good or should I jsut get a dodge plate and elbow.

and last, it had an allison behind it. I plan to put a NV4500 behind it, does this spacer, 2", come off? Normally I've seen the back of the crank flat , not like this big cylindrical hunk coming off the end, Or do I need a different crank?
Any advice?
turbo assy #3523294, engine data plate #'s 359V, 6BTA 5.9, 5.9 B0856, 87.9,TDC 1.1,180 2500,, .010IN, .020IN, 612202-87, 153624, 3912468 5.9, 09/18/90, I 800-SPL.DI 44525536 60

What does all this mean?

What do you plan to do to it? The manifold might help you with an engine swap, if not, you can swap it. The water to air cooler is pretty handy, keeps it cooler than running without an intercooler, and easier than hacking an intercooler in there.

Well I want to pull my camper with it, really only stock,reliable. I got to looking at the manifold today amd it has a crack on the bottom, so I'll chnage it anyway. I think I will keep the after cooler. But, want the heater grid too, so I have to machine an adapter to the aftercooler and then one to the tubing from the turbo to the intake. How do I actuate the heater grid. Can I use the 6.2L glow plug circuit and throw a relay in there. I can only imagine the current it draws. I'll start dissassmbly this weekend. Hopefully the crankshaft spacer on the end comes off. Send the head to be rebuilt. I have always had bronze valve guides and stainless valves put in when I rebuilt a head, Is that available for the 6BTa's?

Back