NHRA Classes & Where we would fit...

Our local NHRA track only has the comp classes a couple times a year. I run in the Pro class with the truck normally. I know Paul Breedlove ran in the 10.90 index class.

I'd look at your local track and see what they run for classes every week.

What about supercomp? It's an 8.90 index.

I was looking at that but it's listed as being reserved for rail cars and whatnot where super gas was meant for full body cars. I guess it didn't say we couldn't class up though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's no rails in super gas, super comp door cars/trucks are allowed.

Our local track runs super comp with rails and door cars/trucks. Super gas would be a good class for the super street trucks to run in.

4f32ef3e3be3a763bf37bc759b5d17d7.jpg

He said it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran top sportsman class since 2010. Ihra has several classes for the slower guys. Like hot rod and quick rod.

Better find a way to make it run the index consistently. If you're not within 1-2 hundredths of the index every time, some gasser is going to eat your lunch :)

That being said, I plan on running NHRA stuff with my truck. My family runs 8-12 NHRA events a year so I might as well throw it in the trailer and see what kind of show we can put on for the "civilized" world.

If you guys think you can put together 20 thou packages at least, I don't see you goin many rounds.

Might need to double check but many of the super gas cars are tube chassis with lift up bodies.

Seth ran super gas(9.90 index) for a few years and now runs super comp(8.90). Micah has ran super gas in the past.

Mostly for exposure to the "mainstream" and to run on a NHRA prepped track. The crowd loved the trucks and if I remember right in Norwalk they asked Seth back to run during the Night of Fire over the 4th of July.

Back