NHRA rules

madmikeismad

So mad
Where can I find the rules for tech beyond the basic nhrda rules? I can't find a link on their site, and google gives me broken links.

With 600HP you won't be running quicker than about 12.0 so you really don't need anything
other than a well maintained truck. I would recommend drive shaft loops and a transmission shield/blanket, at 12.0 they do not need to be SFI approved. Some tracks may want an exhaust extension to point the exhaust up. 14.0 or quicker requires a helmet, Snell 2000 or newer.

Let me google that for you

Go to the "store" on the top right and get a rule book. They are 10 bucks.

Thanks pal. I checked everywhere on nhra's site, except the store. Who would think they would sell their rules, instead of posting them on their site.

With 600HP you won't be running quicker than about 12.0 so you really don't need anything
other than a well maintained truck. I would recommend drive shaft loops and a transmission shield/blanket, at 12.0 they do not need to be SFI approved. Some tracks may want an exhaust extension to point the exhaust up. 14.0 or quicker requires a helmet, Snell 2000 or newer.

I'm not concerned about PPE. This is for the new truck.

Thanks pal. I checked everywhere on nhra's site, except the store. Who would think they would sell their rules, instead of posting them on their site.

Welcome to the world of NHRA, where they pick your pocket every chance they get! It didn't used to be that way, but ever since the dog food salesman has been running the show...

Welcome to the world of NHRA, where they pick your pocket every chance they get! It didn't used to be that way, but ever since the dog food salesman has been running the show...

Haha, now that I think about it, I remember someone selling rule books in some classifieds somewhere, and thinking "who the hell would buy that?" LOL

Have fun when you get it to... It can be a pain to figure out anything other than general rules. I have no idea what or if I could run in any class they have..

It does seem to have gotten a little nuts. Lets count the ways.. Nhra membership, Nhra license, E.T. comp number, SST comp number. It may seem silly but the one thing that bothers me the most, is that my E.T. Comp number is F606, and my SST (Super Street) comp number is 606F. Now why couldn't they just have used the same number? At least I only have to move the F. Oh, yeah, starting this year members don't get a printed rule book, but you can purchase one for $7.00. That's a savings of what... $3.00! :)

Paul

i'll just play dumb and ask them what i need when i go too fast

Back