No oil Pressure

Bobus

Powerstroked
Dad did an oil change on his '06 F450 6.0l, and now it has no oil pressure at Idle, if you rev it up to 1200+ it will pop up too the normal range, but it will fall to zero at idle again.. any ideas?

Have seen the sending units act up like that. Check see it it has oil around it.

Just got done pulling out the filter just too "check" things out, found a spring and a black plastic "check valve" (I think) laying on the bottom of the housing.. The black piece looks like its missing a small piece.. how does on e fix this? put spring and black piece back where it came from or does it need a new Filter housing?

It's hard to say. Not getting what your describing. I had an oil pressure sending unit mess up like his. Bit it waited till it go hot.

You will have to replace the plastic standtube in the oil filter housing. the oil pressure sending unit is a simple on/off switch, as long as you have 7 lbs. of pressure it will show normal. I have seen sending units act irradically and they are a cheap fix to try.

If the filter was anything but a genuine Motorcraft filter (Napa) it will not push the valve all the way down. It would probably be best to get a new valve from Ford. I have seen this many times, service the truck and no start. Every single time it was an aftermarket oil filter with its own cap. If that doesn't take care of the problem then I would look at the oil sending unit right beside the oil filter housing. Good luck, Gary

This is the little piece that i found:

0821111756.jpg

Oil filter stand pipe

Pull the oil filter and look at the top of the stand pipe. Look straight down the pipe. See a hole?? You shouldnt. That spring and black plastic thing belong at the top of the stand pipe.

Back