no power after motor swap

06cumminz

I bought a 94 cummins with a a melted piston and i had a 91.5 bottom end laying aound, so i took the 91.5 bottom end and bolted the p pump and 94 head on it with the 94 injectors. Could the piston bowl be different and that is why it has no power? Its all bone stock other than i advanced the timing to 17*

you positive you got the timing set right? they are pretty slow when stock as well... how slow are we talkin here?

1st gen pistons are the same in the intercooled engines. 91.5-93 are the same as the later engines. its the 89-91's that have the different bowl.

ok so the pistons are the same. Ya i checked the timing and its right between 17*-17.5*. It does blow a little black smoke for being all stock. Do you think the valves could be out real bad? I dont really hear them ticking away.

also the tappet cover was leaking so i pulled the pump and put a new gasket on it and it still leaks. At the back of the p pump you can almost pull the gasket off the tappet cover. I have tighted them up and no luck. Any ideas? i really dont want to pull the pump off again.

thanks

Back