No power until 5 or so minutes of run time.

dodge.01grizzly

I have a 07 5.9 megacab i bought back in November. It had a cold air intake, exhaust and an mp8 on it. It ran great but would throw the code PO236, didnt seem to make a difference in power so i didnt let it bother me. I had my tranny rebuilt and then installed 90hp nozzles. Since then when i start it up and drive it, it feels as if it has no power until I drive it for about 5 miles or 5 minutes of idleing. If i take off driving right away, I have to come to a complete stop or throw it in nuetral and back into drive for it to reset itself, then i have full power. And, one time, I let my truck sit for about 4 days and went to drive it, and it had full power right away. The check engine light wasnt even on anymore, but it eventually came back on. I got the codes read and the two that showed up were PO236 and PO148. Its just weird that its only within the first 5 minutes of run time, then its all good till i shut it off again. Just wondering if anybody else ever ran into this same problem. Thanks for all the info that anybody is willing to share.

What is your Transmission line pressure, it could be high when cold if it is high it will put trans in limp mode and not let it go in to first gear, so you feel no power it takes off in 2nd or 3rd not good to drive that way can burn clutch plates.

View attachment File0001.PDF
Her are the pages out of the service manual.
If you have a after market valve body your pressures will be higher, DTT makes a voltage reducer you can put on the input wire to your transmission to fix the problem.

Back