No Speedo, Odometer stops, Brake/ABS Light

LAmiller

THE KT-BOUNDARY
trying to diagnose a problem on a 02... occasionally when you start the truck and take off the speedo stays at 0mph, the odometer stays at the same mileage no matter how far you drive, and the brake/abs light comes on.

usually you can just turn the truck off and start it again and it fixes itself, but its doing it more often recently and I can't think of a problem that would tie these all together?

Any ideas?

Lavon

ive had this same problem for i dont know how long. I replaced the sensor on the rear axle and it did NOT fix the problem. I'm not really sure what to do, so i'll be watching this thread as well.

Yes there is the sensor on the rear end and I also believe there is a sensor on each front wheel but could be wrong. But it does sound like a speed sensor because they also keep the abs working properly.

Check the plugs going into the PCM under the hood, this sounds more like a lost signal than anything, the speed sensor wiring also comes into the cab right at the driver's corner under the hood IIRC.

I guess we could check the sensor on the rear axle, I've had mine go out on mine and it didn't effect the brake/abs light...

One other thing that happened is the radio and interior lights went out and all fuses are good...

The radio/interior lights are off all the time, but the speedo, odometer, brake/abs failure is randomly intermittent.

Any chance of the fuse board cracking or shorting out? I just can't point to anything that would tie these together.

I'll check the PCM pins later.

Lavon

check the speed sensor in the tranny,rear end.the black box under the hood next to the master. the wires get nasty clean them if need be.

Back