noisey injectors

98.5dodge

98.5 dodge
2000 f350 7.3l installed 30+ injectors new hpop adrenaline when ideling sound s smooth but driving down the road are louder. icp pressure is good also installed new regulator.has ts 6 pos switch the noise stays the same for all programs.is this normal or will they quite down over time.fuel pressure is 70psi.have put 75 mile on truck since install.

Question is, where did you get the injectors from? Are they new or rebuilt?

Are they split shot or single shot injectors?

they are factory style injector they told me they kept them the same just new nozzels and guts put in them.daves diesel angola IN rebulit them.

they are factory style injector they told me they kept them the same just new nozzels and guts put in them.daves diesel angola IN rebulit them.

Never heard of them.

So they just rebuilt these injectors to exact factory specs? Or are they modified? I'm confused now, because your first post said "30+ injectors", but I'm not even sure what you meant by that in the first place.

they made 30 or 40 hp bigger is what i was told new internalls and nozzels they replaced.

Ok, well you need to get the exact specs.

If the injectors have been modified at all, you need to update the tuning to run them properly. Otherwise you're going to have more noise, smoke, etc from improper fueling, injection pressures, and timing. That is why they are noisy.

You need to find out if they are still split shot, or if they were converted to single shot. You also need to find out what cc's they flow, and the nozzle size (typically a % over stock). Once you get that info, then you need to contact whoever is tuning the truck, give them the injector specs, and send in the chip to have the tuning updated.

found out that one or more of the injectors are leaking off and that is why they are so loud and smokey at start up after is sits over night.will be pulling them all out to be cheked out.

Back